To start getting comfortable with the digital color process I decided to go back through some previous black and white commissions that I always wanted to see in color. You never see enough shots of Deadpool unmasked so that’s the direction I took with the original project.
Since this is only my second serious attempt at digital color I’m still traveling a loooong learning curve. I was relatively satisfied with the guns and costume overall but struggled with the head and face. I found it difficult to produce realistic, effective contrasts in the skin tones. Something I shall have to work on. What I like most about the face are the eyes and the detail/line-work in the shaded area on the right side.
I’ve included the original black and white along with the updated color version for comparison.